What is Executive Coaching?
Executive coaching is making successful leaders even more successful by driving positive transformation for outstanding outcomes. The process empowers leaders to add more value to the organization they lead and the people around them.
Leaders leverage on their strengths, talents and passions to drive changes for the better. Executive coaching opens the way for leaders to tap deeply into themselves to build upon past wins for greater achievements.
They are also transforming or improving on vital behaviours by closing the gap between performance and expectation. Leaders who overcome their internal and external derailers and roadblocks emerge from the process better positioned for future growth.
Those who experience positive behavior and habit transformation multiply their value exponentially. They powerfully drive their teams to accomplish more to achieve big wins for sustainable success as their influence increases.
Changed leaders become role models for others. By positively transforming their behaviours and habits, leaders make an even bigger impact on their organization, stakeholders, family, friends and the community. They make the world a better place by transforming themselves to multiply the goodness they have.
Improvement is hard. If it were easy, we’d already be better.
World #1 Coaching Guru Marshall Goldsmith and ITD World strategic partner
How is Executive Coaching done?
Executive coaching typically begins by gathering feedback. This feedback is obtained from bosses, direct reports, peers, stakeholders and direct reports anonymously. The information reveals to leaders the strengths they can leverage on to transform and any potential areas for improvement.
Leaders are then coached to focus on the areas they want to transform. This could be a personal development goal or a business goal which is aligned to the organization’s goals. It is measurable and sits within a timeframe.
Employing powerful questions and motivational techniques, the executive coach works to unleash the potential of the leaders and helps them set breakthrough goals which challenges leaders to bring out the best in themselves.
Leaders are coached to tap deep in their creativity to come up with innovative solutions. Doing so allows them to formulate winning strategies for sustainable competitive advantage as well as identify potential roadblocks.
All these powerful ideas are generated by the leaders themselves. These are captured in a coaching log. This log serves as a record and “success diary” throughout the entire coaching journey.
The executive coach will also assist leaders to create a personal accountability system, establish strong support structures and formulate scorecards to ensure leaders stay the course to obtain the desired results.
This is just a summary of the 30 Key Methodologies developed by ITD World for the executive coaching process to bring leaders from where they are to where they want to be. with us for more information
The 12 months executive coaching experience with ITD World has been absolutely outstanding. I along with my team have achieved a complete business turnaround, exceeding all key metrics. What is even more exciting is that the results are holistic and sustainable. I am deeply grateful for such an amazing life changing journey.
VISHAL KAUL, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, PEPSICO
5 Ways Executive Coaching benefits leaders
Leaders are empowered when their potential is fully unleashed. A potent combination of trust, great questions, intuition and influence is used by the executive coach to unlock the power of the leader. Leaders are also coached to set breakthrough goals which brings out the best in them and are challenged to take full ownership of the goals they set.
Aligning organizational goals to leaders is vital for sustainable success for both parties. By keeping in sync with the organization, leaders ensure their efforts are contributing to business results. This enhances their credibility at every level of the organization as bosses, peers, direct reports and stakeholders see and experience the value they add from their achievements.
The executive coach coaches leaders to become mentally clear. A clear-minded leader knows what needs to be done, how it needs to be done and when something should be done. They are aware of the required strategies, tactics and actions needed to get the job done successfully as well as overcoming roadblocks along the way.
Leaders are made aware that wins come when they can optimize collaboration across all levels to achieve the desired results. No one wins alone, even an elite Olympic runner requires an entire team for support in winning the gold medal. Similarly, executive coaching helps leaders to tap on the strengths, talents and passion of people around them for big wins.
The executive coach coaches helps leaders to have a strong support structure to ensure plans are executed effectively. Scorecards and follow-up systems would be established for strong accountability and sustainability.
Executive Coaching: A Case Study of John
John was a sales engineer of a leading equipment supply company who had accumulated a number of customer complaints. In this snapshot of the conversation, see how John benefited from being coached as he was empowered to pursue his goals; aligned with business results; obtained clarity on what needed to be done; collaborated with others; and scheduled another session to put in place systems to ensure success.
John was highly motivated; he made changes and he took action to produce results. This was an effective coaching conversation that clearly demonstrates how a coach uses the positive relational influence of asking questions, listening, and caring, rather than using position.
Jack Canfield and Dr. Peter Chee have crafted the standard for anyone wanting to be an effective coach. Anyone being coached should make sure that their coach knows and follows these standards.
DAVE ULRICH, PROFESSOR, ROSS SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, AUTHOR OF “LEADERSHIP SUSTAINABILITY”
Where does Executive Mentoring come in?
There are cases where the executive being coached is looking for a subject matter expert and role model in a specific area the executive coach specializes in. If the executive and the executive coach agrees, the executive coach could then play the role of a mentor by engaging in executive mentoring conversations to add value to the leader.
Who are ITD World’s Executive Coaches and Mentors?
As a global leadership development expert, ITD World has many internationally renowned executive coaches and mentors who have a wealth of experience in helping leaders and executives reach higher levels of success. Among them are:
- President and CEO of ITD World
- World #1 Coach for Strategic Innovation awarded by Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
- 1st Asian ranked among the top four global coaching gurus
- 1st Asian to co-author books with Jack Canfield, Brian Tracy, William Rothwell and Marshall Goldsmith
- Trained & developed leaders from over 80 countries
- Creator of Coaching for Breakthrough Success & The Situational Coaching Model
- “World’s #1 Leadership Thinker” by Harvard Business Review
- “World’s most Influential Leadership Thinker” by Thinkers50
- “#1 Global Coaching Guru” by Global Gurus and Fast Company
- “America’s #1 Executive Coach” by Inc. Magazine
- “The most credible thought leader in a new era of business” by The Economists
- Author and editor of 35 books
- World #1 CEO Coach by Goldsmith Global Awards
- World #1 Leadership Growth Coach
- Top 30 Leadership Speakers in Global Gurus
- Leadership coach to LYFT CEO, World Bank CEO, Richard Branson and Charles Schwab
- Author of three New York Times bestselling books
- More than 25 years of leading teams and building companies from the ground up
- Cofounded 12 firms with USD25billion of value
- Won 5 Tony Awards for Broadway plays
- Clients include American Express, Visa, Ford, Chevron, Nike, Stanford University, Microsoft, HP, US Embassy Singapore, Philips Lumileds, Schneider Electric, Intel, CISCO, NASA, TATA, Sony, Pfizer
- Executive Coach of Steve Jobs, Apple’s late founder
- World #1 Coaching Guru by Global Gurus
- World #1 leadership coaching blog by Feedspot.com
- Author of 10 books, including four best sellers on Amazon, Inc. Magazine
- Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) certification from The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches, only one of four certified globally
- Created the Intelligent Leadership (IL) Executive Coaching philosophy and process
- Clients include, Amazon, Apple, Coca-Cola, IBM, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Ministry of Economy and Planning (Saudi Arabia), Oman LNG (Oman,) Pepsico, State of New York, United States Air Force, ZfU International Business School (Switzerland)
- International Coach Federation (ICF) Global Director
- ICF 5th Global President
- ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- ICF Circle of Distinction inductee
- World #5 Coaching Guru by Global Gurus
- Doctorate in Organizational Psychology
- Virginia Tech Healthcare Coaching Institute Training Director
- Developed more than 100,000 leaders in more than 40 countries
- Authored several books including Coach the Person, Not the Problem; Outsmart Your Brain, Wander Woman, and The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations into Breakthrough
- Executive Director at ITD World
- Top Master Trainer of “The Heart of Coaching,” John Maxwell and Jack Canfield programs
- Developed over 100,000 leaders globally with some of the most famous organizations such as Accenture, AIG, Chevron, IBM, Toyota Motors, and United Nations
- 2016 President of ARTDO International and 2012 Chairperson of the Philippine Society for Training & Development (PSTD)
- Author of best-selling and award-winning books with over 150 titles
- World’s #1 Authority on Talent and Succession Planning
- World-renowned Consultant and Professor, Penn State University
- Heads the #1 – ranked graduate program in HRD in the USA
- More than 35 years of experience in Performance, OD, HR and Consulting
- Chief Investigator for research on 5 ASTD competency studies
- Consultant to over 50 MNCs and Government organizations
ITD World has been our coaching and leadership development partner for the past one year. Our talent and top leaders have shown significant improvement in the areas of strategy and goals alignment, collaboration, passion and results-orientation. We have been able to overachieve on our bottom-line business breakthrough goal. ITD World truly at the forefront of the global leadership transformation field. Thanks for the great support.
LARS-AKE NORLING, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, DTAC (PART OF TELENOR GROUP, NORWAY)
Take action today to supercharge the accomplishments and growth for you and your organization, your team and most importantly, yourself to gain greater love, happiness and success in your life.
+604 228 3869
ITD KUALA LUMPUR
+603 6203 3880
+65 9737 5109
+662 116 9336 to 7
+84 28 3825 8487
+632 887 7428
+480 545 2878
+855-23 555 0505
+6221 2930 8710
+880 173070 4688
+959 765 222 103