Mark C. Thompson
- World #1 CEO Coach by Goldsmith Global Awards
- World #1 Leadership Growth Coach
- Top 30 Leadership Speakers in Global Gurus
- Leadership coach to LYFT CEO, World Bank CEO, Richard Branson and Charles Schwab
- Author of three New York Times bestselling books
- More than 25 years of leading teams and building companies from the ground up
- Cofounded 12 firms with USD25billion of value
- Won 5 Tony Awards for Broadway plays
- Clients include American Express, Visa, Ford, Chevron, Nike, Stanford University, Microsoft, HP, US Embassy Singapore, Philips Lumileds, Schneider Electric, Intel, CISCO, NASA, TATA, Sony, Pfizer
Mark Thompson is an expert on executive leadership, business strategy, and innovation who has spent over 25 years leading teams and building companies from the ground up. He delivers actionable, valuable and practical advice for leaders at all levels of an organization.
New York Times bestselling author Mark C. Thompson is a leadership coach for the world’s fastest growing, most innovative companies—from LYFT CEO & Cofounder Logan Green, Pinterest Cofounder Evan Sharp and World Bank CEO Dr. Jim Kim, to founders Richard Branson, Steve Jobs and Charles Schwab, for whom he served as the world’s first CXO—Chief Customer Experience Officer.
Forbes Magazine says Mark has the ‘Midas’ touch as a sought after coach, speaker, and venture investor. His New York Times bestselling books include: ADMIRED: 21 Ways to Double Your Value; Now Build a Great Business; and Success Built to Last – Creating a Life that Matters, Mark is also an Innovation Leadership columnist for Forbes.com, Inc.com, and FastCompany.com. His most recent bestseller ADMIRED is a primer on how the world’s “Most Admired Companies” achieve long-term success and growth as well as the qualities that are common to “Most Admired Leaders”.
Mark was Charles Schwab’s former Chief of Staff and Chief Customer Experience Officer, and the Executive Producer of Schwab.com which today has assets over $3 Trillion. He is a co-founding advisor of Sir Richard Branson’s Entrepreneurship Centres.
Mark is a founding advisor of the Stanford Realtime Venture Design Lab, and served as a visiting scholar at his alma mater, Stanford University, and adjunct faculty at the World Economic Forum, World Business Forum, and John F. Kennedy University.
A successful venture capitalist over the last two decades, Mark was as an early investor in companies like Facebook, Netflix and founding board member of Esurance. He has been a Board Member for many well-known technology, biotech and retail companies, including Best Buy, Korn Ferry, and Interwoven (now owned by HP). He was the Chairman of the Board for Rioport, which popularized the MP3 player prior to the iPod.
Among Mark’s passions are music and Broadway. Mark serves as a founding Board of Directors member for Smule, the top music app company on iTunes which has over 125 million users worldwide. As a Broadway producer, Mark’s plays have earned ten nominations and five Tony Awards.