Dr Marcia Reynolds
- International Coach Federation (ICF) Global Director
- ICF 5th Global President
- ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- ICF Circle of Distinction inductee
- World #5 Coaching Guru by Global Gurus
- Doctorate in Organizational Psychology
- Virginia Tech Healthcare Coaching Institute Training Director
- Developed more than 100,000 leaders in more than 40 countries
- Authored several books including Coach the Person, Not the Problem; Outsmart Your Brain, Wander Woman, and The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations into Breakthrough
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organizational Psychology
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Powerful and Effective Conversation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Talent Engagement
Marcia helps leaders and coaches hold powerful and effective conversations that change people’s minds, hearts, and behavior through speaking, training, and coaching. She develops and increases emotional intelligence, engagement, and results for organizations.
She has worked in 41 countries developing more than 100,000 leaders. Her clients include Duke Clinical Research, Medtronic, Hershey, Sanofi, Maersk, American Express, AT&T, and Ernst & Young plus many government agencies and universities including Harvard Kennedy School, Cornell University, and the Moscow School of Management.
Her greatest success story is working with a semiconductor company facing bankruptcy. She helped the organization to focus on increasing communication across organizational lines and empowering cross-functional teams. This helped the company become the #1 stock market success in the US when they went public in 1993.
She was the 5th global president of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and is now the on the ICF board as a Global Director. In addition to providing coaching, she trains coaches as the Training Director for the Healthcare Coaching Institute at Virginia Tech and teaches at coach training schools in Russia and China.
Excerpts from her books including Coach the Person, Not the Problem; Outsmart Your Brain, Wander Woman, and The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations into Breakthroughs have appeared in many places including Harvard Management Review, Fast Company, CEO World, Forbes.com, CNN.com, Psychology Today and The Wall Street Journal and I have appeared on ABC World News.
She holds a doctoral degree in organizational psychology and two masters degrees in education and communications.