- Director of Global Learning and Performance, ITD World.
- Trained, coached and mentored more than 20,000 people for more than 20 years of experience.
- Recipient of Effective Leadership and Vice President Award from Dell Computers.
- Certified Coaching and Mentoring Professional (CCMP) which is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the world’s most recognized professional coaching body.
- Certified NLP Practitioner – National Federation of NLP, USA.
- Certified Sales Trainer – SPIN Selling, USA.
- Trainer of the Month Award from New Horizons Computer Learning Center, USA.
- Certified International Accredited Training Professional.
- Certified Trainer for Human Resource Development Council (PSMB), Malaysia.
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management – ITC, United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Leadership Excellence
- Building Effective Teams
- Influencing, Convincing Skills and NLP methods
- Winning with People
- Coaching Skills
- Self-Mastery and Personal Excellence
- Creativity and Out-of-the-box Thinking
- Effective Work and Time Management
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Powerful Presentation Techniques
- Customer Service Excellence
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Sales and Sales Management
- Purchasing, Supply Chain and Negotiation Skills
Dion Ooi is an international certified training and development professional. He has held key leadership positions in Dell Computers with more than 20 years in Business and General Management, Information Systems, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management with practical experience in providing excellent customer experience, building and managing effective teams, learning and development, adult experiential learning and coaching.
His style in training methodology that involves experiential learning makes his sessions lively and engaging. His experience in business and people skills in local and international business scenes permit him to pick appropriate and relevant examples and case studies, with tact and wits, which makes the learning process so much fun and effective.
His creative, innovative, intuitive and unique ability of selecting the highlights and pointers from these training and workshops makes one wonder if he is actually discussing your own organizational context. Participants are hence able to take back with them instant knowledge and skills that they can apply and practice immediately to make impactful changes in their own organizations for outstanding results.
He was awarded the Dell Effective Leadership Award (for managing a team of Contact Center Specialists, projects and initiatives) and the Dell Vice President Award (for managing training projects and conferences successfully) and Trainer of the Month award from New Horizons Computer Learning Center, USA. Apart from the awards and recognitions, Dion has successfully organized international and local events ahead of time. He is a firm believer in managing activities effectively to get the results you want.
During his tenure to lead and manage a team of specialists in a contact center, Dion has conducted numerous interpersonal communication training programs, coaching, counseling, team building programs, and developed training programs (leadership and interpersonal communication skills) for many corporations based on his years of experience in the training industry.
He had travelled to many countries and trained multi-national companies including Dell (inside and outside sales teams), Intel, OSRAM, Air Asia, Motorola, Bosch, Infineon, Plexus, Sunway Group, ASTRO, Siemens, Western Digital, Honeywell, First Solar, Jabil, Kobe Precision, Benchmark Electronics, Escatec Electronics, Altera, Sony, TIM Electronics, Alliance Bank, Hong Leong Capital, Dongwha, Maybank, Tourism Australia, Nestle, Agilent Technologies and many others.
To date, more than 20,000 participants have benefited from his training, coaching, workshops, seminars and programs.