Dr. Donald Ford
- President & Owner, Training Education Management, LLC, a global learning solutions and human performance consulting firm based in California
- Author of Bottom-line Training: Performance-based Results, now in its second edition and three other books on training and education
- Faculty member for ASTD’s Certificate Programs in Human Performance Improvement, Designing Learning, Measuring and Evaluating Learning and Designing Leadership Programs.
- Adjunct Professor of Management at Antioch University Los Angeles and former Director of their Professional Development Centre. Have also taught at University of Southern California, California State University Northridge and University of Alabama.
- Trained and developed over 10,000 professionals and leaders in over 20 countries in North America, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Possess over 30 years of global experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education with concentrations in instructional design and evaluation from the University of California at Los Angeles. Master of Arts in Asian History and Bachelor of Arts in History (cum laude) from UCLA.
- Past Chairman of the Board of Literacy Network Los Angeles, a non-profit community organization and honoured by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa for exemplary service to the city of Los Angeles.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Training and development
- human resource management
- instructional design
- training evaluation
- adult learning
- leadership styles
- strategic planning
- human performance improvement
- change management
- performance management
Donald J. Ford, Ph.D. is a training and performance improvement consultant specializing in instructional design, human resources and process improvement. He has worked in the field of human resource management for over thirty years, including management positions at Southern California Gas Company, Magnavox, Allied-Signal and Texas Instruments. As President of Training Education Management, LLC since 1997, his consulting clients include: ASTD, Toyota, Nissan, Rockwell International, Samsung Electronics, Orange County Transportation Authority, Glendale Memorial Hospital, Southern California Presbyterian Homes, CompuCom, Institute of Training and Development, Saudi Aramco, Egyptian Central Bank and Malaysia Bank Negara. For these and other clients, he has developed custom classroom, self-study and web-based training, conducted performance and needs analyses, facilitated groups, managed improvement projects, taught courses and evaluated results.
Dr. Ford holds a B.A. and M.A. in history and a Ph.D. in education, all from UCLA. He also teaches graduate courses in Human Resource Development for Antioch University, Los Angeles. He has published 35 articles and four books on topics in training, education and management, including: Bottom-Line Training: Performance-based Results (2005), Bottom-Line Training: How to Design Programs that Boost Profits (1999), In Action: Designing Training Programs (Editor, ASTD, 1996), and The Twain Shall Meet: The Current Study of English in China (McFarland, 1988). Dr. Ford has presented at the ASTD International Convention, ASTD Quality Symposia, ASTD L.A. Train the Trainer and Annual Conference, Academy of Management, ARTDO International, International Society for Performance Improvement International Conference, International Quality and Productivity Conference, American Educational Research Association, Human Resource Development Japan Conference and UCLA Industrial Relations Conference.