The purpose of year end performance review conversation is to gather and analyze information on which to base:
- Recognition of efforts and achievements
- Expectations of future performance
- Identification of development needs
- Guidance on career growth options
- Reevaluation of job functions
In an ideal world, all performance review conversations would positively impact the performance, motivation and commitment of the employee and create perfect alignment between the staffs’ efforts and the needs of the organization.