- Certified Facilitator & Instructor for Edward de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats™, John Maxwell’s Developing the Leader Within You™, The 360° Leader™, Winning with People™, DISC Behavior Profiling Assessments™, Essential Coaching Skills, The Heart of Coaching™, Creativity & Innovation, Lateral Thinking, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Influencing and Collaboration, Motivating Self and Others, Successful Negotiations, and Project Management programs.
- General Project Manager of a Japanese multinational based in Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
- Extensive strategic project operations, leadership and negotiations skills in large- scale telecoms & IT infrastructure projects, with well-rounded people skills in multi-cultural settings.
- Successfully led a new product team and pioneered the introduction of fiber passive optical networks to the Philippines market.
- Led company operations turn-around through innovative solutions and strategic marketing strategies.
- Adjunct Professor with Asian Institute of Management (AIM) from 2008.
- Certified Coaching & Mentoring Professional (CCMP).
- Facilitated workshops and coached business executives in various industries including clients such as Intel, Motorola, Agilent, OSRAM, Microsoft, Public Bank, Citibank, Pepsico, Monash University amongst others.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 6 Thinking Hats
- DISC behavior profiling plus Problem & Decision Making courses
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Leadership Development
With more than 25 years of broad experience across the telecoms and IT industry in Asia Pacific, KC Lee is a leader who is passionate about technology, human development and lifelong learning. His assignments with Sumitomo Electric and Fujikura in progressive senior management roles in the areas of project management, company operations and negotiations in various cross-cultural environments in Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam earned him an extensive wealth of experiences in strategic management, leadership, people skills, problem solving and a deeper appreciation of the dynamics of critical and creative thinking, decision biases, and behavioral sciences.
From 1999 to 2003, KC led in the overall management and successful completion of a series of turnkey infrastructure projects – valued close to 1 Billion Philippine Pesos - that led the company to a turnaround in operations profitability in 2001.
In 2006, with growing competition in a diminishing telecoms infrastructure market, KC was tasked to strategize and develop alternative markets for Fujikura's products and services. He successfully led a pioneering team that helped introduced Fujikura’s FTTH (Fiber to the Home) technologies as a first-mover solution to the leading telecom operator in the Philippines. His innovative marketing endeavors in the new technology culminated in the first citywide private fiber network successfully installed at Makati City. This approach was later adopted and introduced in other regions in India, Thailand and Malaysia.
In later years, KC was tasked to oversee the total operations of the company, where he was responsible for the strategic planning, business development, financial results and overall performance of the company. His able leadership skills, influence and work ethics are demonstrated by the fact that he is the longest tenured non-Japanese employee with the firm.
His community affiliations included the Hope of Thai People Foundation (in Bangkok, Thailand) from 1990-1997 where he volunteered in mentoring programs for the youths and young professionals. In the Philippines, apart from similar mentoring programs with local community groups, KC was a regular resource speaker for the "Center for Servant Leadership Philippines", a part of the Robert Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership that advocates servant leadership in the workplace through seminars and conferences for private and public institutions.
KC holds a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (with honors) from the University of Technology (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) and earned his MBA (with distinction) from the Asian Institute of Management (Makati, Philippines).
In 2008, he was appointed an Adjunct Professor with the Asian Institute of Management handling sessions on Information Technology, Leadership, and People Skills in both the Executive MBA and MBA programs of the Institute.
KC is actively facilitating coaching and workshops for clients in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. His clients are from various industries including Intel, Motorola, Agilent, Osram, B Braun, BASF, Monash University, Japan Tobacco International, Star Publications, Singapore Press Holdings, Sun Edison, Microsoft, Jotun Paints, Windsor Hotel Group, Akzonobel, Pepsico, Sanofi, Public Bank, Citibank including the Bank of Tanzania in Dar-Es-Salaam.