Dr. Leonard Yong
- Consultant and Expert in the area of Emotional Excellence
- Inventor of LEONARD Personality Inventory (LPI) and the LPI Software, a psychometric assessment
- Internationally renowned consultant, trainer, author and an Educational Psychologist
- Pioneering Director of Universiti Malaya Centre for Continuing Education
- Awarded the Fulbright-MACEE Award to undertake research on the creativity of Americans and the Japan Foundation Research Fellowship Award to conduct research on Japanese creativity
- Presently Adjunct Professor to Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman and University of South Australia, 2000-2010
- Visiting Professor of Educational Psychology to Mahidol University's Siriraj Faculty of Medicine, 2006-2007
- A member of the American Psychological Association, American Psychotherapy Association, American Counseling Association, Malaysian psychotherapy Association and the Malaysian Psychological Association.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Emotional Excellence (EE)
- Think Out of the Box
Dr. Leonard Yong (PhD; Med; B.Sc) is an internationally renowned consultant, trainer, inventor and author who has worked in many countries internationally. He is also an Educational Psychologist. Dr. Yong was a Professor at Universiti Malaya's Dept of Educational Psychology and Counseling. He has consulted, researched and taught for more than 20 years in Universiti Malaya, the top ranked university in Malaysia. Dr. Yong was also the pioneering Director of Universiti Malaya Centre for Continuing Education.
Dr. Yong has received international global recognition for his research and consultancy work on creativity & emotional intelligence. Based on his pioneering work on the LEONARD Personality Inventory (LPI) & the LPI Software, and its use in helping individuals to develop their Emotional Intelligence (EQ) & creativity, Dr. Yong has consulted and conducted numerous training workshops on EQ and Creative Thinking for leaders in organizations such as British Petroleum (BP), Microsoft, Cathay Pacific, Securities Exchange Commission Thailand, Kuwait Petroleum Company, Saudi National Commercial Bank, Petroleum Development Oman, Chulalongkorn University, Readers Digest, Reuters, Chularat Hospital Thailand, Siriraj Hospital Thailand, Horwarth International, Motorola, Shangri-La Hotel, Citibank, Nestle, Unilever, Petronas, Matsushita and many more.
Dr. Yong has consulted and addressed groups in many countries such as the United States of America, Austria, Britain, Australia, France, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, China, India, Korea, Indonesia, Burma, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Papua New Guinea.
He was awarded the Fulbright-MACEE Award to undertake research on the creativity of Americans and the Japan Foundation Research Fellowship Award to conduct research on Japanese creativity. In recognition of his pioneering research on EQ and personality, Dr. Yong was awarded the EU-UMESP Senior Research Fellowship to conduct personality research in Italy, Germany and Scotland.
Professor Yong was 2006 and 2007 Visiting Professor of Educational Psychology to Mahidol University's Siriraj Faculty of Medicine. He was also Adjunct Professor to University of South Australia from 2000-2010. Presently Professor Yong is Adjunct Professor to Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Dr. Yong's books include The LEONARD Personality Inventory, The Joy of Creativity -Creative Responses from Americans, Japanese and Malaysians and Creativity: A Study of Malaysian Students. His articles have appeared in journals such as Perceptual & Motor Skills, The Journal of Creative Behavior and Education Quarterly. He is a member of the American Psychological Association, American Psychotherapy Association, American Counseling Association, Malaysian psychotherapy Association and the Malaysian Psychological Association.