Thomas G. Crane
- Founder & CEO, Crane Consulting U.S.A.
- World-renowned consultant, facilitator and author of best-selling book 'The Heart of Coaching.'
- Consults and speaks in the following areas: Building Coaching Cultures to Support High Performance, Leadership Development, Coaching Skills Workshops, High-Performance Team Building, Group Facilitation
- Specializes in assisting leaders in creating high-performance through the development of coaching cultures
- Worked as a consultant and engagement leader for over 20 years in small and large organizations going through strategic change and culture alignment
- Authored several 360°, team, and culture assessment instruments
- Member of the San Diego chapter of OD Network, The Society for Human Resource Management, the American Society for Training and Development, and the National Speakers Association
- Bachelor of Science from Purdue University and an MBA from Drake University
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Training, Coaching, Mentoring & Action Learning
Tom is a leadership consultant, facilitator, author and speaker who specializes in working with leaders in creating high-performance through the development of coaching cultures. He works with all levels of leaders and their teams to embrace coaching as a primary method of communication designed to enhance both individual and team effectiveness in achieving performance objectives.
His passion (and best-selling book, 'The Heart of Coaching') is focused on changing a leader's mindset from 'the BOSS OF people' to the mindset of 'the COACH FOR people.' The premise of the book is that a performance-based, 'feedback-rich' coaching culture will more effectively support an organization's business strategy, and lead to higher and more sustainable levels of performance.
Tom has worked as a consultant and engagement leader for the last 20 years in small and large organizations going through strategic change and culture alignment. Some of his clients include:
Agilent Technologies, AES Corporation, AEP Corporation, Anadarko Petroleum, BP, Bell Atlantic, Boise State University, Cable & Wireless Jamaica, CBS, City of Sacramento, California State University, Continental Airlines, Colorado Department of Education, Crowne Plaza, Duty Free International, Florida Power and Light, Future Shop Canada, GPU Nuclear, Homecomings Financial, Johnson & Johnson, KFC, KPMG, Leadership Long Beach, Marriott, Michelin, National Forest Service, New York Life, Pfizer, Shell Oil Company, San Diego State University, SEI Financial, Southern California Gas, Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical, Times Mirror, United Airlines, US department of Agriculture, VISA USA, Wildlife Conservation Society.
Prior to founding Crane Consulting in 1995, Tom was vice-president of Senn-Delaney Leadership for 9 years and consulted with clients engaged in strategic culture change. Additionally, he worked in financial planning and project management roles with Solar Turbines, a division of Caterpillar. He has a Bachelor of Science from Purdue University and an MBA from Drake University.
Tom consults and speaks in the following areas: building Coaching Cultures to support High Performance, Leadership Development, Coaching Skills Workshops, High-Performance Team building and Group Facilitation, and has authored several 360°, team, and culture assessment instruments.
He resides in San Diego, California, and is a member of the San Diego chapter of OD Network, The Society for Human Resource Management, the American Society for Training and Development, and the National Speakers Association.